Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Four Ladies

2:23 AM Posted by Unknown No comments

This is basically me ranting about the new girl group, 4L.




I'm not degrading them for  I still have much to see about them. So, I'm getting too worked up about their music video as I have not encountered of such act in the industry and I just want to let it all out -this is the only place that it could happen. I have points I'm so so so disturbed about.

One thing, the lesbian-concept music video. So they chose to go to a lesbian concept and there were butt grabbing, boob squeezing actions in the music video (and I am aware that it's 19+ btw). And much to say, I don't think that the lesbian community is amused by how they are represented. And do take note how this music video of their has reached 6 million views for a count of 2 weeks -estimate how many view they must have now. This alone can affect much of the lesbian community and might more or less result to more stereotyping as this video can influence people's perspectives.

Note: They aren't the first group to represent yuri, Baby Soul also did it (it wasn't 19+ I know it's quite immature to compare them like this, but let me post my point) And the funny thing I noticed was how Baby Soul helped button up the shirt while 4L were taking it off. But that's not what I am trying to push here. The thing is, could the mv be at least not 19+ when showing the yuri interaction? Go 19+ with the dance for all the minors care but the mv -I'm not lesbian- but I was kind of surprised


Secondly,the 'flick-it dance', 'shake-your-booty' and american sexy dance. I have nothing against sexy dances (I am a fan of Sistar, Girl's Day etc.) and I am not saying that girl's can't do american sexy dance -in which I don't really think of as a sexy dance, more or less a swag-dance- but again, there's a fine line between 'classy' sexy and 'trashy' sexy and the way they grab 'theirs' -I don't think it'll be appropriate to explain what I meant by this word more or less everybody will understand this, added fuel to whatever there is that needs fuel. Well props to making this though but sooner or later I'm betting that they'll have to alter everything to not get banned from performing, it'll be a shock for a new-debut to get banned in the first stage.

The last point that I'm going to discuss is their attires. Come to think of it, if the girls were wearing a little-baggy outfits or at least less revealing ones (which will much contradict the sexy dance) the dance won't come off as 'too much' and what they are wearing have resulted to why the netizens deemed it as too much. It doesn't match with Stellar's outfits -cause it's much more than Stellar's one-piece outfit, theirs seemed like a one-piece but the cloth was made from laces and yes there was not much cover on them with all the 'laces'. Let's stamp this as *Altered*

That's all 3-points I'm giving. The song (that vocal in the ending of the vid) is quite good -I'm no fortune teller- but I'm guessing they'll have powerful voices, it's a shame that everyone are quick to slut-shame them; boo-hoo the agency I guess for choosing this concept. Well as they say 'Sex-Sells'. No. Not really. I remember watching this mv reaction for Stellar's Marionette (from a boy, think of it) And I tell you his reaction was far from how I expected him to be -maybe he was faking his grossed out reaction, maybe not.

I guess the agencies think that males would really like this kind of concept but I guess they kind of also got fed up about everything related to the capital S. I mean, I think they would also think bad that the money-makers think of them as some sexually frustrated fanboys going gaga over bodies~ *touchtouch* *slideslide* *shakeshake* But from the male on Stellar's reaction video, he was just not amused nor turned on by the music video (Marionette, if you're still keeping up with me) he was making those grossed out expressions and quite made fun of the girls. And he thought it was a little bit too much (and they were rubbing their butts, where are these girls rubbing their... i won't talk)

My biggest point exactly is, the sexy stuff is getting too mainstream. I'd appreciate it more if the K-mvs go back to 'staring into nothing', 'staring into the camera' and 'camera grabbing' rather than grabbing your precious body parts. IU, SNSD, Tiny-G, SPICA and APink are a few of girl groups who made it through without those points I pointed  above, they even came above the sexy-sexy girl groups with their unique concepts (CRAYON POP is already really really known~ and also Orange Caramel~) their dances and their vocals; also basing on the Army, grown ups chase after the cutesy, innocent charm rather than the sexy ones. Kpop was about the dance and the music but now it's becoming more of the body.

And also people are saying how it's unfair that boy groups do sexy, show abs but aren't dissed about. How they can show their bodies but aren't slut-shamed. For me, this is really no need to argue, boy groups can show their abs as girl groups can also show theirs (abs, I mean) but boys are boys, girls are girls. Guys don't have things to protect from their upper bodies, girls have -2 even- Both genders can show their thighs, both can wear their underwears in performing (but do please state a boy group wearing underwear in their video) I think only the girls can wear short-shorts to panties in their mvs. I don't think the guys did -well I know of one, History did toss their maknae over and made him wear underwear (but thank heavens he wasn't shaking anything in it and was practically slumped down, back facing the camera then after the panties fest -or was he in a diaper, I'm still in doubt, lasted only a couple of seconds; poor poor Yijeong) And the mv could have at least if they can't make it cute-sweet-innocent yuri at least scratch the lesbian act and do a boy x girl 19+ mv, that would have been better though still a no-watch for me.


Again I'M NOT HATING ON 4L (as I think they have potential, let me listen to their mp3s alone, no video) but I think the agency has to double think of this and the risks it's going to meet. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment